Youth@worK is driven by a highly skilled, motivated team with a background in both education & business, who create change through collaboration while implementing youth placements in education.
Our business model utilises the Youth Employment Service (YES) spend of companies to enhance the administrative, IT and recreational capacity of schools and TVET colleges which offers a unique journey for unemployed youth into the world of work. After facilitating close to 400 youth placements, we have seen the value of placing passionate, semi-skilled, resourceful, South African youth in community-based educational institutions for both the youth and education.
Our value proposition is for business to gain YES B-BBEE benefits whilst increasing employment, supporting quality education and improving health care in South Africa.
Youth@worK in association with its partners is a prime example of true collaboration for the collective good, where government departments, civil society, corporate funders, NPOs and the private sector are all working together towards a common goal of a flourishing, healthy, educated and economically active South Africa.
With our partners, we are able to offer 6500 work placements opportunities for unemployed South African Youth across South Africa in 1000 schools, TVET colleges and universities nationally
At a Glance
- Official YES Implementation Partner
- South African Non-Profit Company established in 2005
- NPC Registration 2005/012933/08
- B-BBEE Level 2
- Track record of 357 successful work placements in 67 schools
- 5000 possible host placements in over 1000 PfP schools
- Collaboration with NGOs and other stakeholders adding value to education and creating another 1500 placement opportunities
Our Social Media Feed